Hello!
This is an old blog I had toyed with using several times in the past, but I would like to change this into a daily meeting place for my students and their parents/guardians at GRC. I would like to use this place as another means of more casual conversation and discussion, where everything is safe for you and I to get our concerns out about school, and the current world situation as we enter into a time none of us, and I mean none of us, have ever experienced before today.
To recap:
3/13/20- Governor Brian Holcomb grants 20 days free and clear for all school systems in the state. The president declares a National Emergency, bringing about uncertainty and wider concern about Covid-19. The School City of Hammond closes schools until April 6, 2020, combining ten days of e-learning with the regularly scheduled Spring Break.
3/19/20: Indiana Gov. Holcomb declares all schools are closed until May 1, 2020, pending further updates on the spread of Covid-19. To be clear, this beyond what any of us would have imagined a week ago. It has the potential to get worse before it gets better.
So, where does that leave me? Home, fielding e-learning assignments, creating educational lessons, and grading. I am still going about things as normally as possible- taking my dog out for a walk or to the park, talking with friends on the phone or text, making dinner, doing laundry, getting some groceries as I can. Heck, I am even supposed to go visit a friend and her son in Michigan next week (that might not happen, but it's okay if it doesn't).
I know some of you are very anxious and perhaps scared. I know some families are struggling right now as it is with work stoppages, layoffs, and such. I am aware. I am here if you need to chat.
Test
ReplyDeleteTest to see if I can reply
ReplyDeleteGotcha Jason. Thank you
ReplyDeleteNo problem I think this could work
ReplyDeleteI'm down for this. Don't know much about blogs but I'm sure I'll pick it up
ReplyDeleteHi I just received this message. I think this is a great idea. Especially for people that just needs to talk. I say for those whom believe in God, pray and let him take the wheel... Pray and leave it in Gods hands. Please by all means wear the mask if you have it or a scarf or durag... Something to protect yourself and wear gloves... Stay in as much as possible and we'll pray together to get through this thing... Stay safe everyone..
ReplyDelete